- Parents, we still need your help with our Spring Carnival class basket. Our theme is UT. Please help us by sending in any UT related items by April 6th! Thank you parents and students for the following items that have been donated: a Longhorn car flag, a book light, a mug, a cap, a baby onesie, a key chain and a lanyard.
- We are also in need of more volunteers for our Fishing Booth at the carnival. If you are able to volunteer for an hour, please follow this link to sign up for a time: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0E4DA9AF2A1-boone
- If you do not receive the Boone Bear Facts and PTA Newsletter by e-mail and would like to receive it, please let me know so that I may forward it to you.
- Reminder from the Principal about the AISD Dress Code: Students are asked to wear clothing appropriate for moving and learning. The following are examples of inappropriate attire that are not allowed at Boone Elementary School: Improperly fitting clothing; baggy pants, oversized shirts, elongated armholes, overly tight garments, and clothes that improperly expose body parts; Tops that are strapless or backless, have low cut necklines, spaghetti straps, straps on tops must be at least one inch wide on shoulders; Shorts, ‘short shorts’ and skirts that are short enough to be distracting; Measurement: Shorts must be below the child’s fingertips when arms are hanging at their side; No makeup or artificial nails; No gang associated clothing or colors; No hats or caps worn inside the building. Parents are asked to help the school in providing an orderly atmosphere for learning. You will be contacted if there is a concern to bring them a change of clothes.
- Report cards go home today, so be sure to check your child’s Thursday folders!
- Awards Assembly is tomorrow, Friday, March 30th.
- Easter Holiday April 6th-9th.
- Spring Carnival is Saturday, April 14th.
- Please have your child practice their addition, subtraction and multiplication facts daily at home!
- Thank you for your continued support at home! As always, don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Hi, my name is Yesenia Zecca. I have taught for twenty-one years. I have taught second, third and fifth grade. This is my eleventh year at Boone, where I taught third grade for nine years and will be teaching 5th grade again this year. I will be posting important information, reminders, and much more on my blog, so be sure to check back often! I look forward to hearing from you!